Associate Director of Venue Services
Department: Operations - Campus Experience
Reports to: Senior Director of Campus Experience
Direct Reports: Venue Managers (Academy of Music, Merriam Theater, Kimmel Center)
The Associate Director of Venue Services is responsible for leading the day-to-day operation of all Kimmel Center campus venues with particular focus on event preparation, on-site coordination of venue activity, and ensuring a high-level Guest experience.
- Work closely with Associate Director of Event Services and Associate Director of Guest Services to further the goals of the Campus Experience department and ensure exceptional Guest experience campus-wide
- Prioritize the growth and evolution of the Kimmel Center venue experience with an eye toward campus-wide consistency, and optimal Guest service levels
- Monitor Accessibility of campus events/facilities and coordinate with Senior Director of Campus Experience to set Access-related priorities
- Collaborate with clients and colleagues to execute event preparation with an eye toward maintaining exceptional environments and Guest experience optimization
- Take a leadership role in Guest experience quality control, including implementation and advancement of GRaCE initiatives
- Direct Venue Managers and collaborate with campus service providers to ensure a safe, and efficient event preparation environment
- Schedule and manage Venue Managers with an eye toward consistent service delivery campus-wide and appropriate staffing to address fluid needs of campus events
- Collaborate with Operations peers to ensure seamless attention to the needs of stakeholders
- Develop and execute measurement tools and metrics to monitor Guest experience campus-wide including existing secret shop program
- Develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships and serve as primary contact for in-the-moment event-related decision-making
- Take a strong leadership role in delivering Campus venues to Guest Services team in event-ready condition adhering to Kimmel Center Guest Experience standards
- Act as a resource for all clients, internal and external, as events evolve in-the-moment
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts Management or related field of study
- Three (3) years of experience in Front of House operations or Events Management for a performing arts venue or similar facility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- House/Events Management experience required
- Strong customer service orientation, and the ability to work with a diverse clientele
- Experience working with contracted and/or union employees
- Extensive knowledge of ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) guidelines and standards
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Office environment.
- Must travel across campus (within 2 block radius) and supervise staff in multiple buildings for several hours at a time
- Available to work a varied schedule, including evenings and weekends.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102
email: [email protected]