Department: Campus Experience
Report to: Associate Director of Guest Services
Status: Part-Time, Non-exempt
The Performance Associate, in conjunction with the House Manager on duty, is responsible for the overall front of house event operations on a per-event basis in the Academy of Music, Miller Theater, and Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts. This includes overseeing Usher staff and providing them with event-related information, attending to guests needs, resolving problems as they arise, and ensuring all staff adhere to guidelines as outlined in our customer service initiatives.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the arts, we at the Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. This role will contribute to the overall efficiency of the organization and will be responsible for creating a cooperative and inclusive environment and enabling the Campus Experience team to provide a high level of competence and internal customer service.
The Performance Associate will be an on-site representative of the front of house operations team and will be a point of contact for artists’ teams and staff, providing information as requested and ensuring front of house needs are met.
- Create exceptional experiences for Guests and team members
- In coordination with House Manager, oversee Usher staff by providing direction, guidance, and issuing written discipline, as necessary
- Lead Usher meeting to provide Ushers with relevant information relating to the day’s event(s)
- Serve as a point of contact for front of house information and needs during an event
- Resolve Guest issues, such as broken seats, double-booking, accommodating Guests with disabilities, etc.
- Communicates with Production Manager to ensure needs of the production are balanced with the needs of guests (i.e. requesting a performance start a few minutes late to accommodate late-arriving guests)
- Communicates and coordinates with concessions staff to ensure event info (including timings) is relayed
- Communicates and coordinates with engineering staff to relay concerns relating to climate control, maintenance needs, safety concerns, etc.
- Communicates and coordinates with housekeeping staff to ensure venue is clean and stocked prior to, during, and after performances
- Act as a liaison to the box office team and coordinate with them to resolve seating issues
- Generate and distribute performance reports that will aid other teams in answering questions about the performances
- Accurately record in-depth and sensitive details of event, in Campus Experience “shift log”
- Relay emergency calls to Security so they may respond and assess quickly
- In the event of an emergency, together with the Security Supervisor, determines action to be taken, up to and including evacuation
- Other duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent required. Must have excellent customer service skills and prior experience providing customer service in a busy theatrical environment. Experience managing teams of 30 or more people required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to deal with guests in a gracious, informed and respectful manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to problem solve under pressure
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Availability to work a varied schedule including daytime, evenings, weekends, holidays as performance schedule requires. Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time up to four (4) hours
The Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
300 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
email: [email protected]