Department: Campus Experience
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Venue Manager to join the Campus Experience department at Kimmel Cultural Campus. The Venue Manager will play a critical role in ensuring an exceptional audience experience and smooth operations of our multi-venue performing arts center. This position requires a strong leader with excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills to represent the department and coordinate with various campus partners.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the Philadelphia Sound, we at The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. IDEAS—Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access Strategies—is a comprehensive transformation process, guided by our vision and values, to assess and improve all aspects of our operations, concerts, and programs, and to spur sustainable change.
- Represent the Campus Experience department in the week-of coordination of event logistics with resident companies and partners
- Maintain inventory of all Campus Experience equipment and storage spaces and coordinate with Marketing, Resident Companies, and the operations support team for program distribution, external building signage, and internal wayfinding aids
- Manage insert requests and coordinate delivery/organization of programs and inserts with the Operations support team and Guest Services
- Collaborate with Facilities on venue projects and serve as the primary front-of-house contact for Facilities, Security, Garces Concessions, and Team Clean
- Perform daily facility and performance space walk-throughs to maintain a safe, world-class event environment and report facility issues to respective departments in a timely manner
- Ensure venue readiness and lead pre-event operations meetings to provide relevant information to campus partners
- Support the Guest Services team as needed, including occasional event coverage
- Coordinate with Coat Check attendants and maintain knowledge of fire and emergency evacuation plans
- Work with the Associate Director of Venue Services to meet environmental standards in areas of guest experience, accessibility, and safety
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience in event operations, venue management, or hospitality industry is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to lead and motivate teams
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of accessibility and safety regulations
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
A resume and cover letter are required when applying for this position.
The Philadelphia Orchestra and The Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to the Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center Human Resources:
The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc.
One South Broad Street | 14th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
email: [email protected]