Institutional Giving Manager, Corporate
Reports to: Managing Director, Institutional Giving
The Institutional Giving Manager, Corporate of The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Cultural, Inc. (POKC) manages all operations relative to the Managing Director of Institutional Giving’s corporate fundraising for POKC including sponsor activation and benefits. The Manager collaborates with POKC Marketing and Programming to coordinate all aspects of benefit fulfillment. This includes all on-site activation for corporate sponsors, sponsor recognition in promotional materials and working to ensure corporate promotional experiences that represent the sponsorship and partnership of POKC.
These operations include aspects of donor relations, proposal creation, meeting scheduling and preparation, sponsor benefit fulfillment and event planning.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the Philadelphia Sound, we at The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. IDEAS—Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access Strategies—is a comprehensive transformation process, guided by our vision and values, to assess and improve all aspects of our operations, concerts, and programs, and to spur sustainable change.
We listen intently, unite purposefully, and respond profoundly to the world around us by harnessing the transformative power of music. We amplify our vision and values within the context of orchestral music by integrating IDEAS into everything we do. We believe that diversity equals excellence, and excellence equals diversity
With an eye toward growing POKC’s Institutional Giving program, the Manager will work with the Research team to develop a pipeline of prospects and to prioritize the best prospects for cultivation and solicitation.
- Prepare bespoke sponsorship proposals based on the priorities, focus and key performance indicators of potential corporate sponsors.
- Consistently communicate with internal departments to learn of programming information and updates to use in proposals and in fundraising meetings.
- Serve as primary liaison to sponsors to activate all benefits, including logo and copy approvals, ticket fulfilment, event coordination, and more.
- Manage crediting approval process and master fulfillment grid for all sponsors, and work with Marketing team to ensure appropriate sponsor/funder visibility in all POKC materials.
- Track sponsor activity and information in Tessitura database and run progress and activity reports as needed.
- Coordinate and attend sponsor meetings as necessary, providing relevant prep materials.
- Provide administrative support to the Managing Director with revenue and expense tracking; meeting scheduling; calendar coordination; correspondence drafting (including acknowledgment letters); and general department recordkeeping and expenses.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2 years of experience in fundraising required. Corporate fundraising experience and knowledge of the region’s corporate landscape preferred.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills required.
- Strong organizational ability, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize issues and requests, respond appropriately to multiple audiences is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to give sponsors the highest level of care and attention.
- Advanced experience with Excel, Word, Adobe Pro, PowerPoint required, digital presentations and knowledge of Tessitura database is a plus
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment. The employee may be required to perform the essential functions of the job during evening and weekend concerts and/or events.
**During the COVID-19 pandemic, the candidate must have the ability to work from home**
The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102
email: [email protected]