Corporate Relations Manager
Title: Corporate Relations Manager
Reports to: Managing Director, Institutional Giving
The Corporate Relations Manager of The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc. (POKC) is a key part of the institutional giving team and manages all operations relative to the corporate fundraising for POKC including sponsor activation and benefits. The Manager coordinates all aspects of benefit fulfillment including all on-site activation for corporate sponsors, sponsor recognition in promotional materials and working to ensure corporate promotional experiences that represent the sponsorship and partnership of POKC.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the Philadelphia Sound, we at The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. IDEAS—Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access Strategies—is a comprehensive transformation process, guided by our vision and values, to assess and improve all aspects of our operations, concerts, and programs, and to spur sustainable change.
With an eye toward growing POKC’s Institutional Giving program, the Corporate Relations Manager will work with the Research team to develop a pipeline of prospects and to prioritize the best prospects for cultivation and solicitation.
- Prepare bespoke sponsorship proposals based on the priorities, focus and key performance indicators of potential corporate sponsors.
- Consistently communicate with internal departments to learn of programming information and updates to use in proposals and in fundraising meetings.
- Serve as primary liaison to sponsors to activate all benefits, including logo and copy approvals, ticket fulfilment, event coordination, and more.
- Prepare reports for sponsors at culmination of their term.
- Manage sponsorship crediting approval process and master fulfillment grid for all sponsors, and work with Marketing team to ensure appropriate sponsor/funder visibility in all POKC materials.
- Track sponsor activity and information in Tessitura database and run progress and activity reports as needed.
- Coordinate and attend sponsor meetings as necessary, providing relevant prep materials.
- Write grants for corporate foundations.
- Manage the Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program from application to marketing and fundraising.
- Provide administrative support to the Managing Director with revenue and expense tracking; meeting scheduling; calendar coordination; correspondence drafting (including acknowledgment letters); and general department recordkeeping and expenses.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2 years of experience in a fundraising, marketing or sales environment required. Corporate fundraising experience and knowledge of the region’s corporate landscape preferred.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills required.
- Strong organizational ability, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize issues and requests, respond appropriately to multiple audiences is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to give sponsors the highest level of care and attention.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Excel, Word, Adobe Pro, PowerPoint required, digital presentations and knowledge of Tessitura database is a plus
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment. The employee will be required to perform the essential functions of the job during evening and weekend concerts and/or events.
A resume and cover letter are required when applying for this position.
The Philadelphia Orchestra and The Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102
email: [email protected]