Manager, Development Services
Title: Manager, Development Services
Reports to: Senior Director, Development Services
The Manager of Development Services will work closely with the Senior Director of Development Services in the organization and implementation of all Development department systems. The Manager will coordinate financial tracking, and reporting for all gift revenue and serves as a liaison to the Finance Office. The Manager will supervise the Development Services Coordinators to ensure the adherence to gift processing policies, procedures and quality and production standards. The Manager will manage the maintenance of donor records in Tessitura for the Development Office, as well as work on various projects as assigned by the Senior Director of Development Services.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the arts, we at The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. This role will contribute to the overall efficiency of the organization and will be responsible for creating a cooperative and inclusive environment and enabling the Finance team to provide a high level of competence and internal customer service.
- Manage daily gift processing work-flow and team tasks
- Process complicated transactions and adjustments, gifts for special funds and customer service issues (CSIs)
- Create new funds, campaigns and source codes in Tessitura for the Development Department
- Work closely with Development staff on the coding of data, donor file maintenance and updates, and research
- Draft and maintain processing and how-to guides for Development Services processes and Development standards for biographical, planned giving and special gift data.
- Conduct quality control inspections and provide feedback and additional training as needed for improvement.
- Manage the rolling Sustainer maintenance program. Provide pre-payment processing reports to Annual Fund for review and donor outreach. Assist Annual Fund with managing the sustainer upgrade process.
- Produce annual Sustainer Tax Receipts.
- Produce financial reports for gift revenue on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Serve as liaison to the Finance department for gift processing issues and reconciliation
- Process stock gifts and serve as the primary contact for the stock brokers
- Assist with the creation of reports in conjunction with the IT shared services report writer
- Produce monthly ad-hoc development revenue reports and fiscal year-end reports as requested by Finance as necessary
- Manage the maintenance of Development system generated scheduled reports.
- Train all new staff members on the use of Tessitura and various office applications as necessary. Coordinate quarterly training sessions to introduce new system functionalities and refreshers.
- Serve as a technical resource for Development Office needs on database, query/list requests and report writing
- Serve as backup for the Annual Fund donor line, which entails answering inbound calls and providing customer service to patrons and donors.
- Assist the Development department and the organization at special events, open rehearsals and concert duty, which requires availability on nights and weekends.
- Assist with training Development Staff on Office 365 applications, specifically SharePoint, OneDrive and OneNote.
- Maintain and monitor the Development SharePoint directory to ensure that it maintains order, indexing and subfolder integrity.
- Work on special projects as assigned
College degree with strong administrative skills required. Knowledge of database and fundraising software is a must. This position requires a high comfort level with report writing and managing of financial reports.
Exposure to the workings of a development department is required for consideration.
- Understanding of development & fundraising fundamentals a must.
- Experience with fund-raising software necessary
- Experience communicating with donors and responding to donor inquiries
- Experience with financial recording and reporting of donor gifts a plus
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a multitude of tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Strong ability to learn and grasp new computer programs quickly
- Proficiency in or willingness to learn Tessitura, ticketing and development, software preferred.
- Willingness to take the initiative on new projects
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment.
A resume and cover letter are required when applying for this position.
The Philadelphia Orchestra and The Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
One South Broad, 14th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
email: [email protected]