Title: Membership Manager
Reports to: Senior Director, Annual Fund
The Membership Manager is responsible for operations of membership and annual fund activities across the Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center Inc. (POKC).
Key responsibilities include implementation of direct mail, e-mail, telefunding, and other member fundraising techniques; coordinating member benefit fulfillment; and status as a membership subject matter expert for all annual fund campaigns.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the arts, we at POKC are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. This role will contribute to the overall efficiency of the organization.
The Membership Manager oversees and manages all aspects of each Annual Membership campaign and provides membership services and support for all levels of giving, working closely with the Sr. Director on segmentation and strategy.
- Implements Membership campaigns using direct mail, telefundraising, e-mail, and other resources, with the goal of expanding and increasing contributed revenue from the membership base
- Oversees the production of solicitation lists from the database and/or submits requests for data from the IT department for advanced needs (POKC uses Tessitura)
- Works with Senior Director to identify and analyze database segments
- Acts as point person for membership data in subscription and ticketing campaigns
- Maintains key inter-departmental relationships to ensure that membership opportunities are maximized in alignment with programming (such as member pre-sales).
- Works with Sr. Director and the Director of Development Communications on written materials including solicitation and stewardship pieces
- Works closely with Development Services team on Membership protocols and procedures, maintains Membership manuals, and recommends updates on best practices
- Acts as Tessitura subject matter expert for all Membership related topics, including serving as representative at Regional Membership Roundtable, Tessitura User Groups, and internal meetings
- Develops a thorough understanding of protocols and procedures for system data entry and understands IRS and FASB rules governing donations
- Provides high level of service and engagement with donors and members, including working with the Annual Fund Coordinator answering the Annual Fund’s general phone line and e-mail account
- Work with the Stewardship team to provide administrative support for donor benefit events such as Academy Gold, Meet the Artists, and Open Rehearsals
- Works with the Manager, Development Events on production of all print and electronic Membership materials
- Manages and maintains Showcase and Playbill recognition lists
- Occasionally work concerts and special events
- Other duties as assigned
BS/BA degree required plus three (3) to five (5) years of experience in fundraising, development services or donor relations required. Professional experience with relational databases and constituent data management required and an understanding of protocol and familiarity with performing arts organizations preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent writing, speaking and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy and integrity a must
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexibility and patience a must, reflecting a customer-service orientation
- Outstanding planning skills, including ability to anticipate problems and plan effectively to prevent them
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with colleagues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Fundraising database required; Tessitura experience a plus
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment. Must be available to work some nights/weekends for performances and events.
POKC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
One South Broad Street, 14th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102
email: [email protected]