Digital Marketing Associate
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Director, Digital Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
The Digital Marketing Associate works closely with the Marketing team, as well as departments across the Kimmel Cultural Campus to manage all aspects of its email, SMS, and other communications and subsequent reporting of analytics. This position helps convey deadlines for content to the many content managers and supports the team with development of new digital content for the Kimmel website and a variety of digital and creative assignments. This person is responsible for communication vertically and horizontally about progress, projects, and timelines, organizing information, and ensuring that departmental procedures are followed.
This individual has a passion for creativity and a combination of strong organizational and hands-on learning skills, serving a vital role in ensuring seamless delivery of all work across varied departments. This candidate must be prepared for a fast-paced environment and be comfortable making decisions and influencing through collaboration. This position will also be involved in leading the Campus into new media, making recommendations, testing, and securing the latest technologies to ensure efficiencies and revenue maximization.
- The Kimmel Cultural Campus’s IT environment is managed by IT Services, which will work closely with and in support of this position.
- The Kimmel Cultural Campus’ ticketing functions are managed by Ticket Philadelphia, which is jointly operated by Kimmel and the Philadelphia Orchestra. Ticket Philadelphia will work closely with and in support of this position.
- Participation in integration of a communication automation system.
- Build systems and efficiencies into Kimmel email communication procedures.
- Develop standard analytics reporting process including automated reports on A/B testing, open rates, CTR, and various engagement measures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversees high volume email communications for the Kimmel Cultural Campus, overseeing production meetings, maintaining naming convention for templates and campaigns; establishes and reinforces processes and maintaining brand guidelines
- Builds digital communications in the online editing tool (currently “Wordfly”), leveraging existing templates, and using new designs, as needed
- Liaises with staff from Marketing, Sales, Programming, Development, Education, Ticket Philadelphia and Resident Companies to schedule, fine-tune content, test, make revisions, and get approvals
- Ideates and tests new email concepts to build best practices
- Maintains library of templates, requests new designs and works efficiently
- Ideates and tests new copywriting ideas for subject lines to improve Open Rates
- Assist in updating and creating new web pages
- Supports rotation of digital signs across the campus
- Maintains requirements and requests for advertisers and sponsors
- Monitors and provides reporting, such as on email campaigns and email interest counts
- Maintains SEO/SEM, improves meta-descriptions, and online copywriting
- Maintains and reports regular, thorough, and actionable statistics and analytics to understand customer behavior, and to institutionally drive brand initiatives, customer satisfaction, acquisition, and retention.
- Stays current with other performing arts organizations and drives improvements for best practices in innovation and technology.
- Ensures that digital content meets design and user experience and accessibility standards and that it falls within Kimmel brand guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Experience with Graphic Design
- Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Indesign Experience
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Experience working with a CRM tool like Salesforce and/or an email building tool, such as Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Wordfly, Surveymonkey, etc. a plus
- Experience in a Website Content Management System, such as Wordpress, Episerver, Drupal, etc., would be a plus
- Experience working in an Arts and/or non-profit environment is a plus.
- Great organization skills and detail-orientation, with the ability to multitask in a fastpaced environment
- Administrative ability
- Interest in the arts and entertainment marketing
- Ability to work in a complex organizational structure that includes many internal and external stakeholders.
- Marketing Automation, Customer Journey Automation or similar a plus
- Strong writing skills; strong communication skills.
Environment, physical demands and other conditions
- Some evening and weekends will be necessary
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds of materials
- Business Applications: Tessitura, Ungerboeck, EpiServer CMS, Google Analytics, Wordfly.
- Development environment: Adobe Creative Cloud
The diversity of our region is our strength and KCI is dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive cultural campus that reflects our commitment to an environment where everyone feels welcome and valued onstage and off.
Applications from female and minority candidates are highly encouraged.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102
email: [email protected]
Located in the heart of Center City, Philadelphia, the Kimmel Cultural Campus’ mission is to engage the region’s diverse communities with art through performance and education. Our Cultural Campus serves more than 1 million guests per year and includes the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, the Academy of Music, and the Merriam Theater- representing more than 160 years of rich history for the performing arts along Philadelphia’s Avenue of the Arts.
We are home to eight esteemed Resident Companies: The Philadelphia Orchestra, Opera Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Ballet, The Philly POPS, PHILADANCO, The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia, The Philadelphia Chamber Music Society, and Curtis Institute of Music. With nearly 9,000 seats per night across our 9 event venues, we are the region’s most impactful performing arts center, and the second largest in the country. Our Cultural Campus serves as a preeminent and inclusive place to enjoy exceptional experiences that reflect the spirit of our region by cultivating a creative and socially-responsible environment where our community shares experiences that are delivered with pride, integrity, and respect.
The Kimmel Cultural Campus is the Managing Partner of Ticket Philadelphia, a partnership which provides ticketing and customer service services to the Campus, the Philadelphia Orchestra and other Resident Companies on the Kimmel Cultural Campus. As a 501 c 3 nonprofit organization, we collaborate on, present, and produce a broad range of relevant and meaningful events, we serve as an active gathering space for social and community events, we educate the region’s young people through access to quality arts experiences, and we provide support to artists in the creation of new work. For additional information, visit www.kimmelculturalcampus.org.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
The diversity of our region is our strength, and we are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive cultural campus that reflects our commitment to an environment where everyone feels welcome and valued onstage and off. See our year-end diversity and inclusion report here: Diversity and Inclusion Report
We engage the region’s diverse communities in art through performance and education. Our cultural campus serves as an inclusive and preeminent place to enjoy exceptional experiences that reflect the spirit of the Philadelphia region. The principal means by which The Kimmel Cultural Campus achieves its mission include:
- People: Cultivate a creative, inclusive, socially responsible community where artists, guests, staff, donors, and volunteers share experiences that are delivered with pride and integrity.
- Exceptional Experiences: Collaborate, present, and produce to ensure a broad range of relevant and meaningful performances, events, and artistic programs, including support to artists in the creation of new work for the Campus that serves the region’s audiences.
- Arts Education: Educate the region’s young people through access to quality arts experiences and multi-year opportunities to see, make, and understand the performing arts both on-campus and in communities.
- The Cultural Campus: Operate venues and nurture assets that deliver diverse and vital arts experiences, are a proud home to our Resident Companies, and are active gathering spaces for social and community events. These venues include the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, The Academy of Music, and the Merriam Theater.
Transforming lives daily through the arts
The Kimmel Cultural Campus believes that the arts build strong communities and are essential to enhance the human experience.