Title: Event Sales Manager
Department: Facilities and Operations
Reports to: Director of Facility Sales
Responsible for managing performance and non-performance events and coordinating all related activities in the ancillary and performance spaces of the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, the Academy of Music, and the Miller Theater. This position is responsible for all operational, implementation and post-event activities.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the arts, we at the Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. This role will contribute to the overall efficiency of the organization.
- Oversees a wide range of facility rental activities such as conferences, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, parties, rental performances, commencements, business meetings, etc.
- Ensures that budget and timelines are adhered to.
- Serves as primary Kimmel Center’s contact for clients both internal and external
- Coordinates event related needs and logistics with various Kimmel Center departments.
- Communicates and completes necessary forms and documents for event execution
- Works directly with Master Scheduler on all calendar entries, invoicing, and space usage
- Liaison with Kimmel Center’s contract caterer and coordinates schedules and deliveries
- Delivers flawless customer service to Kimmel Center’s users, both internal and external.
- Works select events; evenings and weekends required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related area or equivalent professional experience.
- Three to four years of experience in facility sales and event management within the performing arts or hospitality industries.
- Detailed knowledge of the planning process for major events; familiarity with front of house, catering, and production related requirements as they pertain to event management
- Solid organizational skills, ability to multitask and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills and a commitment to client satisfaction
- Ability to react quickly and calmly in a high-pressure situation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a wide range of client types (industry trade groups, amateur arts groups, major corporations, etc.)
- Experience with unions is preferred
- Experience with multi-venue operations
- The ability to coordinate to numerous projects concurrently, establish priorities, and respond positively, effectively, and quickly to continually shifting priorities and needs.
- Experience with Event Management software required, Ungerboeck preferred
Environment, physical demands, and other conditions:
- Ability to work flexible and varied hours, including some nights and weekends.
- Ability to stand and walk up to three hours
- Ability to push and lift to 20 lb.
A resume and cover letter are required when applying for this position.
The Philadelphia Orchestra and The Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.