Accounts Payable Accountant
Reports To: Senior Accounting Manager
The Accounts Payable Accountant plays a vital role in the Finance department of the Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center (“POKC”). This position will contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the Finance department by executing daily tasks with a strong attention to detail. This role will utilize accounting knowledge, time management skills and effective problem solving to ensure success.
Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Accountant is responsible for all aspects of accounts payable and supports the Finance Department with various tasks and projects.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the Philadelphia Sound, we at The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. IDEAS—Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access Strategies—is a comprehensive transformation process, guided by our vision and values, to assess and improve all aspects of our operations, concerts, and programs, and to spur sustainable change.
- Accounts Payable
- Record invoices in accounts payable database and distribute to appropriate personnel for approval
- Voucher approved invoices
- Prepare and process weekly accounts payable check runs
- Maintain accounts payable files
- Prepare expense allocation journal entry for month-end close
- Handle all inquiries of checks and invoice status
- Complete credit applications and certificates of insurance for all departments
- Contact vendors regarding invoice discrepancies
- Contact vendors and individuals to inquire about the status of stale checks
- Assist in year end tax preparation
- Support filing and record retention.
- Reconcile petty cash and replenish as needed
- Special projects as needed (e.g. year-end audit support, expense reconciliations, etc.)
- Maintain POKC standards of customer service
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Accounting or Finance and related experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of general accounting experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong MS Office Skills, required especially Excel
- Quick learner with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage a high volume of diverse activities in a fast-paced performing arts environment.
- Ability to work well independently and in teams
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Routine for office environment
A resume and cover letter are required when applying for this position.
The Philadelphia Orchestra and The Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center Human Resources:
The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc.
One South Broad Street | 14th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
email: [email protected]