Senior Accountant (Budget)
Title: Senior Accountant (Budget)
Reports to: Director of Budget and Planning
Reporting to the Director of Budget and Planning, the Senior Accountant will assist in all stages and aspects of the budget and forecast process to support the mission and activities of the Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center Inc. (“POKC) and its subsidiaries POA/AOM/KCI. This position will provide guidance and support across the organization to department budget managers, help maintain financial models and ad hoc analyses. Assist with preparation of monthly close journal entries, reporting and interim board reporting. Support Development financial reporting needs.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the Philadelphia Sound, we at The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. IDEAS—Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access Strategies—is a comprehensive transformation process, guided by our vision and values, to assess and improve all aspects of our operations, concerts, and programs, and to spur sustainable change.
- Assist in the preparation and development of the POKC budget and its subsidiaries
- Become proficient in account and project or event codes that support the departments and activities of the organizations
- Work across the organizations to support department budget managers in budget and forecast input, tracking, variance analysis explanations and Excel spreadsheet maintenance.
- Receive and analyze budget submissions, perform error checks, analytical review and variance analysis to prior years, previous budgets and/or long-range financial models.
- Assist in monthly close entries and reconciliations as assigned.
- Prepare account and project reporting to support grant applications for the fundraising department
- Support the maintenance of financial models such as the cash flow projection, long range financial models and assist with other modeling or analyses as needed.
- Assist with calculation of recoverable costs related to rent and labor for renters and resident companies
- Provide facility operations with variance analysis tracking and reporting.
- Manage and facilitate the coordination of cost recovery and recoverable revenue budgets for event-based performance.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field and/or experience. A minimum of 5 years general or public accounting experience required. Not-for-profit accounting experience preferred.
- Must possess strong analytical, communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Must have the ability to quickly learn new software systems.
- Effectively handle multiple tasks, identify improvement opportunities and promote required process changes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage and work closely with all departments.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work independently and in teams
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment.
A resume and cover letter are required when applying for this position.
The Philadelphia Orchestra and The Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
One South Broad Street, 14th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
email: [email protected]