Senior Accounting Manager
Title: Senior Accounting Manager
Reports to: AVP and Controller, KCI
Direct Reports: Senior Accountant (2); Staff Accountant, Billing & Collections; Staff Accountant, Accounts Payable; Jr. Accountant
The Senior Accounting Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing primarily Kimmel Center related accounting functions to ensure the most effective, efficient, and ethical day-to-day operations of the Finance Department. This position will report to the AVP and Controller, KCI, and will partner with the Finance leadership team as the Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center finance departments work to align and consolidate workflow.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the arts, we at the Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. This role will contribute to the overall efficiency of the organization and will be responsible for creating a cooperative and inclusive environment and enabling the Finance team to provide a high level of competence and internal customer service.
This position is responsible to ensure the accurate and timely completion of the month-end close process; conduct monthly, quarterly, and year-end analyses; and provide guidance and supervision of assigned accounting staff. The Senior Accounting Manager will work with that staff to provide direction and coaching on work processes and for managing training and career development plans.
The position will assist in preparing budget variance analysis, by-show P&L reports, and other various financial reports.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of the month-end close process
- Compile and analyze monthly financial statement package
- Assist in the preparation of annual plans and forecasts
- Prepare year-end audit support and backup, annual 990 support, and annual benchmarking surveys
- Establish and maintain internal controls
- Conduct internal audits of agreements and vendor contracts
- Manage and maintain all banking administration needs for the department – account setup, paperwork, communication with commercial bank.
- Prepare various management and financial reports
- Review and approve monthly and quarterly account analysis and reconciliations
- Maintain accounting software as needed
- Review and approve accounts payable voucher batches prior to posting to the general ledger
- Review, record, and track contributions
- Review weekly payroll journal entries
- Review weekly Advance Ticket sale journal entries and clearing wires
- Maintain and prepare advertising database and billing
- Maintain daily cash reports
- Responsible for staff training and development
- Other duties assigned as needed
A BA in accounting is required, MBA or CPA preferred, along with a minimum 10 years of accounting experience. A minimum 3 years managing accounting/finance staff is required and this position requires an analytical skill set focused on relating financial results to business conditions, spotting trends in data, and using fact based financial assessments to influence business strategies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), preferably in the not-for-profit environment
- Proficiency in MS Office; advanced Excel skills required
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships
- Ability to facilitate a teamwork environment
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for an office environment
The Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102
email: [email protected]