Junior Accountant - Payroll
Reports to: Senior Accounting Manager
The Junior Accountant is responsible for all the banking and accounts receivable transactions, preparation of internal event billings, merchandise sales tracking and reporting, special projects and day to day operational support to the Finance Department. The Junior Accountant will provide backup for the Payroll Manager.
- Daily reconciliation and deposit of all cash receipts. Includes event deposits and payments, and other miscellaneous items, code and entry of cash receipts into EBMS.
- Cash batch reconciliation and distribution of deposits, payments and adjustments to appropriate event. Filing of deposit back-up in cash receipt files.
- Manage event merchandise reporting and cash reconciliation.
- Manage all physical bank transactions for the department – bank runs.
- Journalize departmental reclassifications.
- Journalize miscellaneous bank transactions for bank accounts – internal wires.
- Processing of Payroll in absence of Payroll Manager.
- Support Payroll Manager with filing and record retention.
- Create and maintain event folders (files); ensure deposits and insurance certificates are submitted prior to day of event. Create and complete service orders for box office receipts and charges prior to event invoicing.
- Edit and change service orders and work orders for operations and facility sales as needed.
- Prepare preliminary invoices, check for reasonableness and forward to facility sales and/or production for final approval.
- Prepare and submit payment authorization for events requiring refunds or other payments.
- Distribute revenues and accounts receivable in EBMS after final invoicing.
- Manage all departmental inbound mail and distribute to appropriate staff.
- Special projects as needed (i.e. year-end audit support, expense reconciliations, etc.)
- Maintain Kimmel Center standards of customer service
- Other relevant duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-2 years of general accounting experience preferred
- Payroll processing experience needed, preferable on ADP platform.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with not-for-profit accounting preferred, but not required
- Strong analytical skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Experience with accounting software
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to work well independently and in teams
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all time
Environment, physical demands and other conditions:
The diversity of our region is our strength and KCI is dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive cultural campus that reflects our commitment to an environment where everyone feels welcome and valued onstage and off. applications from women and minorities are highly encouraged.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102
email: [email protected]