Institutional Marketing Manager
Position: Institutional Marketing Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Director of Institutional Marketing
The Institutional Marketing Manager supports the Sales & Marketing Department with a focus on all institutional marketing efforts, community outreach, select Kimmel Campus presentations events including advertising, budgeting, tracking, creative production, promotions and sales.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the arts, we at the Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. This role will contribute to the overall efficiency of the organization.
The Manager will execute campaigns, direct mail efforts and track and report on sales/attendance trends.
- Assists and executes marketing initiatives under the direction of the Director of Institutional Marketing
- Manages and coordinates marketing needs of institutional programs including, but not limited to:
- Facility Rentals
- Educational Initiatives
- Community Programs
- On-site Dining
- Audience Development and Campus-wide events
- Monitors marketing plans in coordination (when applicable) with Advertising and PR consultants
- Coordinates seasonal and loyalty promotional offers and engagement events (such as holiday events/offers and the season opener event)
- Works closely with the Director of Institutional Marketing on patron/audience research development and analysis. Pulls TRG patron data for department to develop show post-mortems
- For assigned KCC presentations, liaison with advertising agency, in house creative, group sales, advertising sales, production departments, public relations, personnel, show producers, artist agents, partners, Ticket Philadelphia and marketing teams as well as IT and data services
- For assigned KCC presentations, creates discount programs and builds discounts in ticket system and maintains reports of sales. Implements discount offers for each show based on marketing and producer requests. Provides discount to community outreach and maintains relationship with civic and community organizations
- Manages the recruitment and project workflow of marketing interns
- Coordinates with Development and promotions consultants on tie-in promotions for shows with local retailers, media outlets and corporations
- Maintains Kimmel Center standards of customer service
- Other relevant duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in related field with a minimum of three (3) years previous experience in marketing or sales area required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Tessitura Ticketing System. Strong interest in arts and entertainment marketing preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational and prioritizations skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain and track financial expenditures
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment. The employee will need to be flexible to perform the essential functions of the job during the evening and weekends. Some travel may be required. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds of materials.
The Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102
email: [email protected]