Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Senior Director of Program Marketing
The Data Analyst for Marketing is responsible for providing clear and insightful analysis on guest, sales, and marketing data and for developing and maintaining key data sets, ensuring that data integrity is preserved. In addition, the Analyst will be responsible for data mining and testing against different hypotheses that might impact the organization’s key performance indicators.
The Data Analyst will consolidate existing testing efforts and build a comprehensive approach to support multiple business units, teams, and marketing channels, including digital media and CRM.
This cross departmental position is responsible for strategic data analysis on guests, sales trends, demographics, web activity, and database, creating a systems approach and developing process for data requests and data interpretation through interface with IT, Marketing, Box Office, and Fundraising departments. This position will be responsible for multiple projects and deadlines across product lines and genres.
This position will serve as a member of the marketing team and will need to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders, solicit requirements and transform those requirements into actionable data solutions with the goals of understanding the growth and revenue potential for international digital audiences as well as in person programs.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the arts, we at the Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. This role will contribute to the overall efficiency of the organization.
The Marketing Data Analyst will be required to program efficiently in T-SQL, develop SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports and must also be able to learn and adapt to new business intelligence technologies.
- Oversight of smooth cross-division project workflow with IT, Marketing, and ticketing department(s)
- Work independently and collaboratively with various teams under multiple deadlines
- Serve as the central point of contact for reporting needs
- Provide guidance and advise business insights from Tessitura and related data captures
- Lead discussions about
- Data entry and retrieval
- Data accuracy and integrity
- Usage standards and best practices
- Naming conventions
- Maintain partnership with key stakeholders including IT Services and box office
- Enable partners to use CRM software to help deepen customer engagement, enhance earned and contributed revenue and assist with efficiency
- Create Advanced queries in CRM to provide requested information to marketing leads
- Create and alter CRM charts and dashboards for marketing and relevant team members
- Identify data discrepancies by reviewing CRM and BI system and other data sources for incomplete and incorrect data
- Encourage increased staff use of Salesforce.com across the organization, providing training and incentives, promoting efficiency, and solving problems.
- Act as STG's Salesforce "super user": keep abreast of new Salesforce features and functionality and provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Stay up to date on software and data trends
- Keep current knowledge of online trends
- Work on projects across all divisions, to develop insights around guests, donors and Marketing programs. These insights are used to inspire innovative marketing programs and improve existing marketing efforts
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Marketing, or related field or significant equivalent system/database administration experience with SQL-based enterprise system required with 3-5 years’ experience managing and administrating CRM software. Ability to understand the root causes of complex problems and partner with stakeholders to discover and implement solutions.
The role requires a well-developed business acumen and the ability to ask the required questions to build concise reporting for senior management needs. The ideal candidate is a curious, tech-savvy, strategic problem solver with a statistical aptitude and interpersonal talent to lead our marketing analytics initiatives.
- Proven project management experience with superior skills and ability to navigate a complex environment, with multiple projects and competing deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to explain technical details and processes in non-technical terms.
- Critical thinking skills to analyze the numbers, look at trends and data and come to new conclusions based on findings.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to be vigilant in the analysis to come to correct conclusions.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and summarize actionable outcomes.
- Ability to synthesize information quickly, make appropriate decisions, and offer recommendations and propose solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills combined with a collaborative approach.
- Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment.
- Proficiency in presentation tools such as PowerPoint or Google Slides.
- Proficiency in T-SQL.
- Experience designing and deploying objects in the MS BI suite (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS).
- Experience designing and writing enterprise level ETL processes, reports and dashboards.
- Experience working with website content management systems and e-mail marketing providers.
- Willingness and drive to learn new technologies and contribute meaningful solutions to the business intelligence team.
- Experience with C#, .NET framework is desirable.
- Experience with data warehouse systems using both relational and dimensional schemas desirable.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience using conversion rate optimization tools, analyzing vital data & executing marketing campaigns, as well as interfacing with digital advertising platforms, marketing concepts/strategies and working with vendors.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Routine for office environment. The employee will need to be flexible to perform the essential functions of the job during the evening and weekends. This position will travel for visits to other ticketing venues, conferences, and seminars.
The Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
email: [email protected]