Title: Director of E-Marketing Optimization and Innovation
Reports to: Senior Director of Digital Marketing
The Director of E-Marketing Optimization and Innovation oversees the strategic direction and vision focused on multiple critical aspects of our patron journey for both The Philadelphia Orchestra and the Kimmel Cultural Campus including across our outbound communication software and digital landscape to create a customer experience that remains seamless, as well as how our experiences come to life for our customers across the digital stage.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the Philadelphia Sound, we at The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. IDEAS—Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access Strategies—is a comprehensive transformation process, guided by our vision and values, to assess and improve all aspects of our operations, concerts, and programs, and to spur sustainable change.
The Director will lead a team to develop capabilities and enhancements to attract, engage and retain audiences, to deliver superior and highly personalized communications, and most importantly to drive profitable audience growth. The Director uses their strong arts and technical understanding to influence and collaborate with fellow digital, TP, and IT leaders and to prioritize staff time and marketing spend to deliver the highest ROI with the best experience for the customer. The Director is highly engaged in emerging e-mail, SMS, ticketing, and outbound online trends and uses forethought and data to influence senior leaders and to guide their teams to identify the most valuable opportunities for the organization. The Director uses data and analytics to test and measure all enhancements and to closely monitor all outbound e-communications performance. The Director will work closely with the Director of Digital Marketing and the Marketing Manager, Customer Journey to develop a cohesive outbound strategy that becomes reflected in all digital touchpoints. The Director embodies the POKC Mission, Vision, and Values in their behavior and in all that they do. Performs other duties as assigned.
Strategic Product Oversight
- Acts as a customer experience advocate in considering digital marketing decisions that will impact the customer. Envision new ways to engage customers.
- Identify solutions to the cross-functional implications of all decisions and ensure that critical business issues are surfaced and considered with leaders.
- Champion a positive approach to leadership and partnership, being a bridge builder to finding results through innovation.
- Support team members though organizational change with positivity and inclusion.
Executive Stakeholder Management
- Develop and maintain relationships with all teammates.
- Lead teams in partnering with key stakeholders to develop clear and complete strategic roadmaps and business requirements and oversee prioritization and tradeoff decisions with cross functional senior leadership team.
- Ensure that all relevant parties and key stakeholders are informed of status of projects from concept through launch and of business results and outcomes.
- Identify key metrics (KPIs) for e-communications and other projects and socialize at all levels from within marketing team, to IT partners, to leadership team. Socialize results and metrics post-launch.
- Create and deliver senior leadership and executive updates for a variety of forums.
- Build, lead, develop, and inspire team members responsible for defining and delivering a digital capability roadmap.
- Create and foster career development and growth paths for team members in alignment with company and colleague objectives.
- Raise awareness of plans, insights, and accomplishments in order to facilitate cooperation across departments and to build a highly performing, highly motivated team.
- Support direct reports with ongoing prioritization and resource allocation to ensure that the crucial business initiatives are delivered.
- Hiring, retention, and succession planning for all direct reports.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs and to travel occasionally for professional development and digital marketing conferences.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment.
A resume and cover letter are required when applying for this position.
The Philadelphia Orchestra and The Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.