Title: Marketing Data Analyst
Reports to: Senior Data Analyst
The Marketing Data Analyst will be an integral part of The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Cultural Campus’s efforts to leverage the organization’s CRM, digital analytics, and business intelligence tools to provide patron data and audience insights to support the success of audience development, patron loyalty, and engagement campaigns.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the Philadelphia Sound, we at The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. IDEAS—Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access Strategies—is a comprehensive transformation process, guided by our vision and values, to assess and improve all aspects of our operations, concerts, and programs, and to spur sustainable change.
The main focus of this position will involve working closely with the Senior Data Analyst to provide insightful analysis and reporting that will support growing revenue and audience engagement across identified patron segments. This position will serve as a member of the marketing team and will need to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders, solicit requirements and transform those requirements into actionable data solutions with the goals of understanding the growth and revenue potential for international digital audiences.
The Marketing Data Analyst should be proficient in T-SQL and Microsoft Office applications, primarily Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. The candidate should be able to manipulate large data sets and must also be able to learn and adapt to new business intelligence technologies.
- In coordination with the Marketing team, manage data capture, tracking, reporting and analysis for overall patron behavior and engagement across all product lines and audience segments.
- In coordination with the Associate Vice President of Marketing and Senior Data Analyst, work to identify and create best practices, create and execute analysis across targeted patron segments to combine both earned and contributed revenue transactions to inform overall patron behaviors and lifetime engagement.
- Provide cross-departmental data analysis that captures trends that inform patron engagement strategies, working within CRM system and Business Intelligence tools.
- Develop quality assurance practices to ensure quality and integrity of data-informed campaigns and practices.
- Design, create and/or modify customized reports and analyses of patron trends.
- Provide technical assistance to the Marketing Department in using Business Intelligence tools.
- Responsible for meeting deadlines outlined in campaign plans, efficient management of budget and resources for completion of duties and maintaining positive working relations with colleagues.
- Proven project management experience with superior skills and ability to navigate a complex environment, with multiple projects and competing deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to explain technical details and processes in non-technical terms.
- Ability to synthesize information quickly, make appropriate decisions, and offer solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills combined with a collaborative approach.
- Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment.
- Proficiency in T-SQL.
- Experience working with website content management systems and e-mail marketing providers.
- Willingness and drive to learn new technologies and contribute meaningful solutions to the business intelligence team.
- Experience with data warehouse systems using both relational and dimensional schemas desirable.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field, in addition to a minimum of three years’ experience in strategic analytics, OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Work experience with CRM applications and / or ticketing/donor database reporting systems and proficiency with Tessitura strongly preferred. Must be able to work independently.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment.
The Philadelphia Orchestra and The Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.