Programmatic Marketing Associate
Department: Sales& Marketing
Reports to: AVP of Marketing
The Programmatic Marketing Associate is responsible for a variety of tasks including project coordination, providing administrative support to a dynamic and highly motivated marketing department, with particular focus to support the efforts of the Programmatic Marketing team, and to assist in meeting sales goals and objectives. The Associate will assist and supporting audience development initiatives through implementation of strategic patron growth plans. Through identification of existing and potential audiences, the associate along with the marketing team will develop long lasting relationships through research, communication, and relationship management. A high degree of organization, project management, coordination, collaboration, follow through with tasks, and customer focus is required to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the Philadelphia Sound, we at The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. IDEAS—Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access Strategies—is a comprehensive transformation process, guided by our vision and values, to assess and improve all aspects of our operations, concerts, and programs, and to spur sustainable change.
- Finance and accounting focus:
- Record invoices and distribute to appropriate personnel for approval
- Prepare and process weekly accounts payable check runs
- Maintain logs for tracking
- Prepare expense allocations
- Handle all inquiries of checks and invoice status
- Contact vendors regarding invoice discrepancies
- Contact vendors to inquire about the status of invoicing
- Support filing, tracking and record retention
- Monthly and yearly reconciliation process
- Provide detailed and accurate show settlements
- Marketing focus:
- Assist with implementation of creation and execution of marketing plans
- Reviewing, enhancing, and carrying out previously established marketing plans
- Ensure, with the support of team members, that marketing settlements for series/events are submitted accurately and in a timely manner
- Provide marketing insights using tools available including: Tessitura, RMA, Google analytics, metrics, etc.
- Creation of marketing show 1 sheets: social, web, etc.
- Work with marketing team members to reach ticketing sales goals
- Coordinate data collection of patron information. Tag and organize communication.
- Submit data requests to IT department
- Implement dynamic pricing strategies and complementary ticket initiatives
- Represent the Center at networking and community events
- Coordinate, staff, and interface with the public as a brand ambassador for Kimmel Cultural Campus and The Philadelphia Orchestra
- Assisting with producing surveys and aggregating survey data
- Assistance at select press and promotional events
- Liaise with Ticket Philadelphia on discounts, reporting needs, complimentary tickets, etc.
- Assist Audience Development Manager with complimentary ticket program
- Review, edit, and approve design to ensure quality adherence to brand standards
- Performs other duties as directed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing and/or performing arts discipline preferred
- 1-2 years of marketing experience, demonstrating increasing level of responsibility
- Ability to work with complex budgets
- Fast paced technology-driven environment with proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Multi-cultural familiarity
- Ability to think strategically and react quickly to changing marketplace
- Knowledge of live entertainment marketing
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Extremely organized, great attention to detail, and excellent follow-through skills
- Administrative ability
- Knowledge of project management software, database and list management tools. Advanced knowledge of Excel, graphs and PowerPoint are plusses.
- Quick learner with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage a high volume of diverse activities in a fast-paced performing arts environment.
- Ability to work well independently and in teams
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
Environment, Physical demands, and other conditions:
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, communicate, and use repetitive motions
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee may frequently lift and or move 25-40 pounds of materials
- The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from multiple people and interact with the public and other staff
- Some nights and weekends
A resume and cover letter are required when applying for this position.
The Philadelphia Orchestra and The Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center Human Resources:
The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc.
One South Broad Street | 14th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
email: [email protected]