Temporary Digital Asset Management (DAM) Coordinator
Title: Temporary Digital Asset Management (DAM) Coordinator (part-time, temporary)
Reports To: Digital Asset Manager
This position will be temporary, for up to a three (3) month period of time. This is part -time position, ten (10) hours per week.
The DAM Coordinator will support assist in the operations of The Philadelphia Orchestra’s DAM platform, including asset transfer, cataloging, metadata tagging and keywording with a focus on audiovisual assets.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the Philadelphia Sound, we at The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. IDEAS—Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access Strategies—is a comprehensive transformation process, guided by our vision and values, to assess and improve all aspects of our operations, concerts, and programs, and to spur sustainable change.
- Assist with audiovisual asset migration and ingestion to the Orchestra’s DAM system.
- Catalog digital assets and assign appropriate descriptive metadata to ensure accurate search and usage.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to obtain correct metadata.
- Assist teams as needed with asset requests.
- Work with DAM Manager to maintain and manage the DAM system.
Bachelor’s degree and equivalent working experience in database management, digital asset management, audiovisual libraries and/or digital archives required. Recent graduate of or currently enrolled in Library/Information Sciences Graduate program. Knowledge of symphonic music required.
- Current experience with cloud-based DAM software.
- Knowledgeable of creative asset types, systems, and technologies.
- Understanding of best practices in digital asset management and digital preservation.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Clear, concise, and professional communication skills.
- Must be computer proficient and be willing and able to learn and use a proprietary digital asset management system quickly and efficiently.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This position can be accomplished remotely. The hours and days of work may vary widely depending on the time needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position; this position may require some occasional night and weekend work.
The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102
email: [email protected]