Title: Web Content and UX Manager
Department: Marketing and Audience Experience
Reports To: Director of Digital Marketing
The Web Content and UX Manager oversees the content necessary for the patron journey across the websites for POKC. Working closely with the marketing team, the Web Content and UX Manager will engage and understand marketing strategies and develop appropriate and efficient ways to present them on the website, coordinating site content that caters to the needs of our audiences. This position will work within our Content Management System (CMS) to create, optimize, and deploy engaging web content and user experience elements that achieve a variety of goals across pages ranging from ticket sales to fundraising and brand-building.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the Philadelphia Sound, we at The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. IDEAS—Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access Strategies—is a comprehensive transformation process, guided by our vision and values, to assess and improve all aspects of our operations, concerts, and programs, and to spur sustainable change.
With the immediate priority of working on a full site audit and overhaul, Manager will work closely with the Director of Digital Marketing and other colleagues to enhance the online experience for new and established customers, guide and direct users to appropriate information, and influence behaviors while analyzing website data to review and determine effectiveness. This role will report to the Director of Digital Marketing, and is expected to uphold the brand’s mission, values, and vision.
- Create, manage, and publish web pages that align with brand and business strategies
- Collaborate with interdepartmental teams to develop necessary web elements that promote engagement
- Analyze web metrics and digital technology to enhance user experience and SEO
- Ensure consistent brand and marketing messages across the website
- Develop effective methods for displaying content on the web, including visitor grouping
- Adhere to web publishing and content standards and best practices
- Clearly and effectively convey information on the website
- Explore new ways to enhance our user experience on the web
- Identifies enhancements, reports bugs, and liaisons with IT/Development team for follow-through
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- A consumer of web content––know the techniques that are most effective in engaging consumers
- Employ a mobile-first strategy
- Ability to test website elements and gain user feedback
- Familiarity with web CMS platforms
- Understanding of SEO/SEM principles and best practices
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Keen eye for appropriate and engaging UX and UI
- Knowledge of WCAG/Web Accessibility standards
- Experience with online UX for multiple criteria decision-making products
- Experience with testing methodologies and automated testing systems a plus
- Knowledge of EpiServer CMS or comparable CMS system, Smartseat, and Tessitura a plus but not required
- Some HTML knowledge a plus
2-4 years working with website content management systems or other similar experience
Environment, Physical Demands, and Other Conditions:
Routine for office environment. Some nights/weekends may be required to assist with concerts/events.
The Philadelphia Orchestra and The Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.