Reports to: Site Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Under the general direction of the Site Manager, performs routine preventive and corrective painting or surface coating on the Kimmel Center Campus’ building surfaces and fixtures. Ensures that all painting work complies with applicable codes and with established performance standards; may assist in coordinating work performed by outside painting contractors when necessary. Anticipates the safety requirements for painting jobs and follows safety rules and standards. Complies with organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine preventative and corrective painting or surface coating commensurate with skill level as directed either through the work order system in accordance with standard operating procedures or as otherwise assigned.
- Performs all painting and surface coating duties in accordance with established trade procedures. Prepare surfaces and protect work area/environment as appropriate.
- Performs work in a safe manner and complies with codes, ordinances, Kimmel Center and department safety guidelines and protocols. Follows all hazardous material handling procedures.
- Operates and maintains in good repair various tools of the trade.
- Stays abreast of the maintenance trade and updates skills through training/career development programs.
- Reports to the Site Manager or his/her designee regarding the status of assigned work.
- Keep informed of new developments, techniques and materials in the trade.
- Participate in all department training and meetings as well as Kimmel Center-wide meetings and required training.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- High school degree or equivalent and four years’ experience in the trade; experience in an industrial/commercial setting preferred.
- Ability to work methodically and effectively with minimal supervision and cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors, other departments and outside contractors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the field including industry standards and codes, practices, methods, techniques, tools, equipment, materials hazards and safety precautions.
- Experience in a variety of surfaces, surface preps and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly with a high degree of quality.
- Internal candidates must have a work record, which demonstrates teamwork and consistent compliance with Kimmel Center and department policies and work standards.
Environment, Physical Demands and Other Conditions:
- Work consists of approximately 5% office work and 95% field work throughout multiple campus buildings in all types of spaces.
- Office spaces involve periods of sitting and computer use.
- Other spaces may involve noise, dust, poor lighting.
- Ability to frequently transit between campus buildings and within multiple levels of these buildings including areas that have limited accessibility.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to stoop, crawl, climb ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and stand for extended periods.
- Ability to move safely over uneven surfaces or confined spaces.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions when necessary.
- Ability to properly wear personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Able to work flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, holidays and overtime when required.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
300 S. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19102
email: [email protected]