Part Time Security Officer
Reports to: Security Supervisor
***This is a part-time weekend shift only - Thursday through Sunday.
This position is responsible for the protection, safeguarding, and security of assets, staff, patrons and all visitors on the Kimmel Cultural Campus while under the direct supervision of a Security Supervisor or Security Manager. The officer also engages with the public, artist, staff and guests supporting their experiences and in meeting their objectives through customer service at a high level.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the arts, we at the Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. This role will contribute to the overall efficiency of the organization.
- Enforce Kimmel Cultural Campus access control / badge procedures
- Monitor entrances and protect property from theft, sabotage, fire and accidents
- Detain any visitors suspected to be involved in illegal activity while on Kimmel Cultural Campus property and inform proper authorities
- Provide any needed assistance to patrons, employees and visitors within the department's capabilities
- Proactively patrol the property as instructed
- Provide a highly visible security presence to help deter criminal activity and act promptly to address unacceptable behavior
- Seek opportunities to interact with patrons and clients, and be friendly, helpful and attentive to enhance their experience
- While on patrol, be alert and identify potential safety hazards, mitigate hazards, and make appropriate notification of conditions of concern
- Respond to, investigate, and write reports on all incidents and accidents including medical emergencies, fires, alarms, bomb threats, etc. in accordance with the departmental policies and procedures
- May serve as training officer to new security staff if necessary; may perform duties of a Security Supervisor if qualified and assigned
- May be trained to monitor CCTV, Access Control, Fire Alarm and other systems when assigned to Command Center or Stage Door desks
- Maintain regular attendance in the event of inclement weather, public transportation restrictions/closures and/or any other emergency, even in the event of the closure of Kimmel Cultural Campus administrative offices
- Assists with Worker’s Compensation reporting process and first aid in the case of injury sustained by a Kimmel Cultural Campus employee
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Sound working knowledge of security operations, safety practices and enforcement procedures in a business environment
- Ability to make independent and sound judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Prior security/law enforcement experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English for the purpose of public interaction and report writing
- Successful completion of Security Department Training Program and GRaCe program
- Ability to maintain satisfactory full-time attendance and punctuality standard
- Neat and professional appearance in approved attire
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Ability to provide quality customer service consistently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Ability to handle typical, emergency and crisis situations efficiently and effectively on the Kimmel Cultural Campus
Environment, Physical Demands and other Conditions:
- Office spaces involve periods of sitting and computer use.
- Other spaces may involve noise, dust, poor lighting.
- Ability to frequently transit between campus buildings and within multiple levels of these buildings including areas that have limited accessibility.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to stoop, crawl, climb stairs and stand for extended periods.
- Ability to move safely over uneven surfaces or confined spaces.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions when necessary.
- Ability to properly wear personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Able to work on an on-call basis when necessary.
- Able to work flexible shift schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, holidays and overtime when required.
Resume and cover letter are required when applying for this position.
The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center Human Resources:
The Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center, Inc.
One South Broad Street | 14th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
email: [email protected]