Department: Facility Operations – Safety & Security
Reports to: Sr. Director of Facilities & Security
The Safety Manager is responsible for assisting the Sr. Director of Facilities & Security in overseeing the safety programs on the Kimmel Cultural Campus as well as maintaining all emergency preparedness systems and plans. This position acts as the resident expert in safety and emergency preparedness activities. The individual in this position is part of a team of managers and supervisors that support the Sr. Director of Facilities & Security in the oversight of a safe campus.
Leading with our bold vision to inspire and connect humanity through the arts, we at the Kimmel Center, Inc. are vital influencers and conveners, emblemizing our values of being exceptional, innovative, diverse and inclusive, and authentic. This role will contribute to the overall efficiency of the organization.
- Maintain all emergency management records including plans, exercise records, etc.
- Aid development of emergency exercises and conduct regular campus-wide fire drills
- Aid in the development of employee emergency training programs. Manage the employee emergency training programs and maintain all employee training records, providing copies to the Human Resources Department for inclusion in employee files.
- Maintain departmental incident reporting, mass notification, visitor management systems. Manage staff training on systems.
- Maintain fire department building documents and coordinate all fire department tours or training on the Campus. Establish relationship with local emergency management staff.
- Provide routine inspection tours of all areas of the entire campus to identify safety concerns.
- Conduct accident investigations associated with injuries and subsequent claims against the organization. Maintain all files and coordinate reporting with insurance broker.
- Provide support in developing operational plans to respond to health crises such as disease outbreaks, pandemics, etc. Research and share current governmental guidance and recommendations with appropriate staff team. May be tasked at times with running an ad hoc team of staff/contractors in response to a health crisis.
- Work in collaboration with the Security Managers, at times cross-sharing tasks. May cover for a Security Manager out on extended leave.
- Assist with preparing the Security Department Annual Budget as it relates to areas of responsibility for this position.
- All other duties as assigned by Sr. Director of Facilities & Security.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required, documented safety or emergency management certifications preferred. At least five (5) years of documented experience in a safety or emergency management or related field. Minimum three (3) years of documented supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency with emergency and incident management systems strongly preferred.
- Experience with FEMA training programs including the National Incident Management System and Incident Command Structure. Course completion in any FEMA courses strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and the public.
- Ability to develop and update standard operating procedures.
- Ability to write and investigate required reports.
- Ability to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures.
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours, walk and run.
- Ability to lift and push up to 30 lbs.
- Professional manner and appearance required.
Environment, Physical Demands and Other Conditions:
Work is performed inside and outside the property with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations. Approximately 60% of the time is anticipated to be spent in an office environment with the remaining time spent between field survey work and local relationship building/expertise gathering.
A resume and cover letter are required when applying.
The Kimmel Center, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
One South Broad Street | 14th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
email: [email protected]