Whether providing customer service for guests visiting the Kimmel Cultural Campus or helping behind the scenes in our offices, volunteers play an important role at the Kimmel Cultural Campus. The success of many of our programs depends directly on the efforts of our volunteers.
Who can be a volunteer?
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
- Volunteers should be friendly, outgoing, and enjoy working with people
- Volunteers must be willing to commit to at least six months of volunteering
- Volunteers should have an interest in promoting Cultural Campus programs
What do volunteers do?
Volunteers work primarily in the positions listed below:
- Information Desk Representatives staff the Information Desk in the Kimmel Center lobby, providing information about tours, performances, education programs, dining, and events. Training includes: a training manual and practice sessions at the information desk. Volunteers must be able to use a computer to access the internet.
- Tour Guides provide free public tours and pre-arranged group tours of the Kimmel Cultural Campus. Tours are seven days a week. Tour guides receive training, and successfully conduct a practice tour, prior to becoming a guide. Previous experience in public speaking or tour guiding is helpful. Volunteers must be able to use a computer to access the internet.
What shifts are available? How often would I be required to volunteer?
Volunteers usually work in three or four hour shifts, several times each month. Volunteers must be willing to work at least twice a month in order to be considered an active volunteer. Scheduling for tour guides and information desk volunteers is prepared two months in advance. Departmental assistant typically have a set schedule. At times it will be an as needed basis.
How do I apply?
> Download the Volunteer application
This application is a "writeable PDF" file. Here are your options for how to submit it:
- Fill out all fields, save it to your computer and email it back to [email protected]
- Mail it to the address listed on the application. You may also fax your application to 215-735-3119.
- Call the Volunteer Services Office and request an application 215-790-5819
Volunteer placement is by interview only. The first step is to complete the application and return it to the Volunteer Services Office. After we receive your application, we will contact you
Thank you for your interest in Kimmel Cultural Campus volunteering!