“The best part was being able to play with and learn from more experienced players and teachers.”
- Student, Creative Music Program
The Kimmel Center's Creative Music Program for Jazz is a school-year long program for grades 6-12 that exposes talented teens with a serious interest in music to teaching artists, master classes, and a well-rounded jazz education. Students get the chance to perform at the Kimmel Center and in the community.
Kimmel Jazz Collective for Young Artists
This audition-based, comprehensive program meets on Saturdays at Kimmel Center and focuses on:
- Stimulating each student’s individual creativity
- Developing musicianship skills by using the framework of the jazz tradition.
Throughout each season, students will explore the expansive field of creative music via:
- Original and legacy compositions
- Hands-on exploration of the rich jazz tradition
- Weekly music theory class
- Weekly intensive ensemble rehearsal
… and many performance opportunities!
Neighborhood Jams is the developmental program for Creative Music Program. Visit the Neighborhood Jams page to learn more.
Registration for 22.23 begins June 15.